Master Electricians Annual Conference 2021
On behalf of Master Electricians, we are delighted to welcome you back to the Master Electricians Annual Conference 2021 which returns after a two-year hiatus. 2020 is now well behind us and we are looking forward to Re-connecting, Re-engaging, Re-energising and Re-calibrating.
This year’s event is being held in the beautiful Garden City of Christchurch and we look forward to hosting you, your partner, and your family.
Hosted at the Rydges Latimer Square, you will enjoy four days of learning, entertainment, activities, food and so much more! There is definitely something for everyone at this year’s conference.
We’ve got so many exciting things happening in our business sessions including a keynote from the incredible Dr Paul Wood, who will share his life story on “How to Escape from Prison” as well as speakers from across several sectors.
Our activities this year spread across the breadth and width of Christchurch, we will celebrate everything this incredible city has to offer and more!
Our Children’s and Partner’s Programmes are back and is better than ever! We strongly encourage our members to bring their partners and families to Christchurch where they too will have a fun experience and get to share in the many activities and events we have planned.
- All accommodation is based on a 3-night (Thursday, Friday, and Saturday) stay
- If you require any dates outside of this period, please contact us before you make your reservation
- When selecting your rooms, please note the maximum occupancy numbers per room
- Adjoining rooms are available, please advise the organisers if you wish to arrange for adjoining rooms for your families
- Bookings for accommodation at the Rydges Latimer Square must be done through the conference organisers
- The Rydges Latimer Square will not take direct bookings for this event.
Multiple activities are planned for this conference. Please note the following:
- Numbers are limited for most of our events
- Some events have terms and conditions attached to them, please read these carefully.
The following outlines the options available for the Conference Optional Activities being held on Friday afternoon from 1.00pm. The Friday afternoon activities are included in your conference registration fee.
Activities marked with an “*” will also be available on Saturday afternoon at an additional cost.
Ready to challenge yourself? Ready to head to new heights? This is the excursion for you – Adrenalin Forest is a fun afternoon activity that will challenge and excite you to try new adventures! Suitable for families with a maximum capacity of 40 people.
Experience Christchurch Adventure Park‘s famous mountain bike tracks with stages for all levels. Never done it before – we’ve got you covered! Olympic level cyclist – you’re covered too! Suitable for families with a maximum capacity of 40 people. During registration you WILL NEED to select your bike and helmet size for this activity.
Join our friends at Christchurch Adventure Park and head up on one of their many beautiful walking and sightseeing tracks! Enjoy the views unlike anywhere else in the world! Suitable for all ages and stages. There is a maximum capacity of 40 for this adventure.
A fabulous way to see wildlife up close and personal in a beautiful setting, NZ’s most comprehensive wildlife park, Willowbank showcases one of New Zealand’s best displays of native species. Perfect for families with a maximum limit of 30 people.
Are you ready for some adventure? Would you like to try something that you can’t do anywhere else in New Zealand? Are you ready for the highest and longest zipline in New Zealand? This this adventure is for you! Come along with us to Christchurch Adventure Park for a zipping good time! Strict weight limits apply – 27-125 kgs – no exceptions! A maximum of 50 guests on this adventure.
Walking Beer Tour*
This tour is not about the beer walking to you, it’s about you walking to the beer! This is your chance to sample beers, snacks, guides, Riverside market and so much more and it’s all within walking distance of the hotel – this is the perfect afternoon for tasting Christchurch’s finest craft beers and learning about the city’s brewers. A maximum of 20 guests per tour and we ask that attendees are over 18.
Beercycle is a 15 person cycled powered bar crawl on wheels, an experience like no other. An afternoon of hilarity, exercise and bar hopping! NB beverages are not included! A maximum of 30 guests on this excursion and we ask that attendees are over 18.
Beer & Food Pairing
Sample a variety of beers matched with food, discuss slow cooked meat methodology, brewing techniques, reasons for ingredient combination, beer styles, origin & history. A maximum of 25 guests on this excursion and we ask that attendees are over 18.
Join us for a unique whisky tasting experience. There will be an expert whisky presenter, a grazing table and a 1.5 hour tasting, stories telling and tasting of 5 different single malts. Located at the beautiful Sign of the Takahe – this will be an afternoon to remember. A maximum of 40 guests for this tour and we ask that attendees are over 18.
Bike the City (Saturday Only)
Hop on a bike and tour around the city at your leisure. What a perfect way to experience this beautiful city! Helmets and bikes supplied to the hotel so you can take off as soon as you want. Christchurch is literally the best city to cycle in as there are no hills and plenty of cycleways. Suitable for all ages.
Beer Academy (Saturday Only)
A 4-hour beer making tuition where you’ll make 20-40l of your own craft beer. Learn the skills and benefit from the results – it’s an experience for the beer lovers out there. A minimum number of 24 applies to this event and attendees MUST be over 18.
The following outlines the options available for the Partner’s Sessions being held on Friday and Saturday mornings from 9.30am-12.30pm. The same sessions will be held each day.
Punting & Botanical Gardens
This excursion will start with punting down the beautiful Avon River on one of Christchurch’s famous punts. This 40-minute trip will show you a side of Christchurch you’ve never seen before and you’ll disembark feeling refreshed, restored, and revitalised. Following your trip down the river you will be taken on a guided tour through Christchurch’s beautiful botanical gardens. An incredibly special experience for you. No conditions apply. Limit of 38 guests per day.
Shopping & Styling
Hop on board with Jan and Cathy for a shopping experience unlike any other you’ve experienced. They will take you to some of Christchurch’s hidden shopping gems and you’ll go on an amazing shopping adventure. Enjoy some bubbles, some buying and share some brilliant memories on this fascinating retail escape like no other! Limit of 15 guests per day.
Tea on the Tram
Enjoy a beautiful morning tea whilst travelling through the city of Christchurch on their historic trams! This tour will tell you about the amazing history and places to see in the Garden City, all the while enjoying a sumptuous morning tea. What better way to see the new face of Christchurch? Limit of 24 guests per day.
Urban Art Tour
This private walking tour of Christchurch’s CBD will take you to look at some of the most amazing urban art the country has to offer. Learn about the “art” of graffiti and Christchurch’s amazing art community. A unique, fascinating, and memorable tour through Christchurch’s streets and no two tours are quite the same. You’ll even get an opportunity to create your own art and leave your mark on this beautiful city. Limit of 20 guests per day.
- We will finalise the children’s activities when we know the ages and numbers of children attending
- We will arrange for appropriate care for the children for the morning and evening events when parents are otherwise engaged
- Those families travelling with teenage children, will be contacted by the organisers with an offer to be paid member of our team.
Unless otherwise specified, the dress code for the conference is smart casual.
- Thursday 7 October: family friendly, casual dress
- Friday 8 October:
– Adults: Apprentice of the Year Dinner, cocktail dress
– Children: Evening activity, active wear
- Saturday 9 October:
– Adults: Formal Dinner, Business attire (feel free to dress up!)
– Children: Evening activity, active wear
- All prices quoted include GST
- Any changes to registrations must be done through the conference organiser (contact details below)
- All queries should be directed to Libby by email at or phone 027 269 3939.
Following feedback from previous conferences, delegates have asked for free time to allow them to explore the city they are visiting, therefore:
- Lunch will not be provided, and we are happy to direct you to one of Christchurch’s many amazing eateries
- There will be some activities on offer, however, these are at an additional cost to you and will include transport to and from the event.
There will be three programmes running simultaneously on Friday and Saturday morning:
- Business Sessions – we warmly welcome partners who would like to participate in the Business Sessions
- Partners Sessions
- Children’s Programme
- Your conference lanyard will double as a tram pass
- You will be able to use trams right throughout the conference, free of charge.
Photography and Videography
We reserve the right to use any photography or videography taken during the conference for marketing and promotional purposes across Master Electricians, our sponsor partners, our third-party vendors, i.e., activity providers, accommodation provider, etc. Unless we are advised in writing to the contrary, your registration for the Master Electricians Annual Conference 2021 gives us permission to use the imagery of the delegate, their partner and children.
- In the event of the whole country going into a Lockdown due to COVID-19 (Level 3 or higher), all monies will be refunded to registered guests
- In the event of part of the country going into a Lockdown due to COVID-19 (Level 3 or higher), i.e., Auckland, dependent on numbers affected, we reserve the right to cancel the conference. If the conference does go ahead with reduced numbers, we will offer those affected the option of a virtual conference for a partial fee.
Cancellation cutoff dates
- Before 30 June 2021: eligible for full refund
- Between 1-31 July 2021: will be charged 20% of the delegate fee
- Between 1-31 August 2021: will be charged 50% of the delegate fee
- From 1 September will be charged 100% of their delegate fee, unless by arrangement with Master Electricians Head Office.