On behalf of Master Electricians, we are delighted to welcome you back to the Master Electricians Annual Conference 2021 which returns after a two-year hiatus. 2020 is now well behind us and we are looking forward to Re-connecting, Re-engaging, Re-energising and Re-calibrating.
This year's event is being held in the beautiful Garden City of Christchurch and we look forward to hosting you, your partner, and your family.
Hosted at the Rydges Latimer Square, you will enjoy four days of learning, entertainment, activities, food and so much more! There is definitely something for everyone at this year’s conference.
We’ve got so many exciting things happening in our business sessions including a keynote from the incredible Dr Paul Wood, who will share his life story on “How to Escape from Prison” as well as speakers from across several sectors.
Our activities this year spread across the breadth and width of Christchurch, we will celebrate everything this incredible city has to offer and more!
Our Children’s and Partner’s Programmes are back and is better than ever! We strongly encourage our members to bring their partners and families to Christchurch where they too will have a fun experience and get to share in the many activities and events we have planned.
- All accommodation is based on a 3-night (Thursday, Friday, and Saturday) stay
- If you require any dates outside of this period, please - contact us prior to making your reservation.
- When selecting your rooms, please note the maximum occupancy numbers per room.
- Adjoining rooms are available, please advise the organisers if you wish to arrange for adjoining rooms for your families.
- Bookings for accommodation at the Rydges Latimer Square must be done through the conference organisers.
- The Rydges Latimer Square will not take direct bookings for this event.
There are multiple activities planned for this conference, we note the following:
- There are limited numbers on most of our events.
- There are some events that have terms and conditions attached to them, please read these carefully.
- We will finalise the children’s activities when we know the ages and numbers of children attending.
- We will arrange for appropriate care for the children for the morning and evening events when parents are otherwise engaged.
- Those families travelling with teenage children, will be contacted by the organisers with an offer to be paid member of our team.
Dress Code - unless otherwise specified, the dress code for the conference is smart casual.
- Thursday 7 October – family friendly, casual dress
- Friday 8 October
- Adults – Apprentice of the Year Dinner, cocktail dress.
- Children – Evening activity, activewear.
- Saturday 9 October
- Adults – Black-Tie Dinner, black-tie/evening dress
- Children – Evening activity, activewear.
- All prices quoted include GST.
- Any changes to any registrations will have to be done through the conference organiser (see contact details below)
- All queries should be directed to Libby by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0272693939.
Following feedback from previous conferences, delegates have asked for free time to allow them to explore the city they are visiting, therefore:
- Lunch will not be provided, and we are happy to direct you to many of Christchurch’s amazing eateries.
- There will be some activities on offer, however, these are at an additional cost to you and will include transport to and from the event.
There will be three programmes running simultaneously on Friday and Saturday morning
- Business Sessions – we warmly welcome partners who would like to participate in the Business Sessions.
- Partners Sessions
- Children’s Programme
- Your conference lanyard will double as a tram pass.
- You will be able to use trams right throughout the conference, free of charge.
Photography and Videography:
We reserve the right to use any photography or videography taken during the conference for marketing and promotional purposes across Master Electricians, our sponsor partners, our third-party vendors, i.e., activity providers, accommodation provider, etc. Unless we are advised in writing to the contrary, your registration for the Master Electricians Annual Conference 2021 gives us permission to use the imagery of the delegate, their partner and children.
- In the event of the whole country going into a Lockdown due to COVID-19 (Level 3 or higher), all monies will be refunded to registered guests.
- In the event of part of the country going into a Lockdown due to COVID-19 (Level 3 or higher), i.e., Auckland, dependent on numbers affected, we reserve the right to cancel the conference. If the conference does go ahead with reduced numbers, we will offer those affected the option of a virtual conference for a partial fee.
- before 30 June 2021 will be eligible for a full refund
- between 1-31 July 2021 will be charged 20% of their delegate fee
- before 1-31 August 2021 will be charged 50% of their delegate fee
- from 1 September will be charged 100% of their delegate fee, unless by arrangement with Master Electricians Head Office