ENTRIES OPEN - Master Electricians Excellence Awards
We welcome you to join a trusted community of industry stakeholders supporting, shaping and advancing the electrical contracting sector.
Master Electricians hosts New Zealand’s leading events for the electrical contracting sector and is also the voice for our industry.
MASTER ELECTRICIANS EVENTS – WHY WE SUPPORT ELECTRICAL CONTRACTORS
Who we are
Master Electricians is the largest professional trade association for electrical contracting businesses in New Zealand. Our membership is made up of over 1200 businesses across the country whom we actively support and advocate for.
As a trade association, we communicate with government, regulatory bodies, industry stakeholders and the public over a wide range of topics specific to the industry. We also collaborate with our fellow trade membership organisations to band together to work with government and other regulatory organisations on the critical issues in the construction industry.
Master Electricians offers a host of benefits to support member businesses to grow. From legal and HR advice, health & safety support and documentation, technical support, Mobil fuel card scheme, right through to discount offers, it’s all based around promoting business success. What’s more, employees of a member business can access a wide range of benefits ranging from exclusive offers and discounts, through to confidential wellbeing counselling services.
Regional Managers based around the country offer professional advice and are often seen as a sounding board for members. Their knowledge and experience help members to navigate the complexities of the electrical industry and develop members skills and expertise to run a business.
A Quality Assured Master Electrician undergoes a through QA review. It’s designed to help members implement and maintain high business and electrical best practices. Once an electrical business has met these requirements, they’ll be entitled to use the Quality Assured Master Electricians brand. They can also provide extra assurance to customers by safeguard their customers with a $20,000 workmanship guarantee.
Why Sponsor a Master Electricians Event?
Master Electricians events are designed to support, educate and advocate for our members and industry.
It’s not only an opportunity for your business to engage, network and reach a target audience. It’s an opportunity to show your organisation has a stake in shaping and growing the industry.
You sponsor a Master Electricians event because – You want to show that you have a vested interest in the sustainability of the industry, now and into the future.
By sponsoring a Master Electricians Event, we aim to:
- Enhance and align with your business’s objectives and brand through sponsorship
- Provide a clear return on investment for your investment
- Give our sponsors the opportunity to connect with our member base and industry in a coordinated, collaborative fashion
- Create a platform to form connections within the sponsor community to enhance the industry as a whole
- Work closely with our sponsors to ascertain the best level of sponsorship
Showing your support of Master Electricians events is your chance to not only align your brand with a trusted and leading voice for the industry.
By partnering your organisation with a Master Electricians’ event, renowned for excellence, innovation, and the pinnacle of achievement in the industry, as a sponsor, you play a crucial role in influencing the industry’s future.
- 1270+ Members belong to Master Electricians
- 7,700+ Facebook followers, 390,000+ reach
- 1,200+ Instagram followers, 236,000+ reach
- 74% Male
- 26% Female
- 51% between the age of 25 – 44
- 2,800+ unique visits to the Apprentice Challenge event page
- 1,900+ unique visits to the Excellence Awards event page
- 104,549 unique website interactions annually
- 5 pages viewed on average
Sponsor Master Electricians Apprentice Challenge
What is it?
The Master Electricians Apprentice Challenge serves as a platform for up and coming electricians to showcase their skills, knowledge, and innovation in a competitive environment. It allows apprentices to test their abilities, gain valuable experience, and learn from their peers. The Challenge also fosters a spirit of camaraderie among participants, promoting healthy competition and encouraging the growth of a strong professional network within the industry.
The 2023 Challenge hit a record-breaking number of entries. Over 300 electrical apprentices took up the challenge to participate in the competition, making it the biggest number of entries in its 22 year history. This remarkable achievement not only highlights the enthusiasm of electrical apprentices entering but also shows the importance that employers have placed on showcasing their talented apprentices.
“Over 150 employers have entered their apprentices into the competition, which speaks volumes about the value they attach to this event. By encouraging their apprentices to participate, employers are showcasing their commitment to nurturing talent and raising the standards of professionalism within the industry. It demonstrates their belief in the benefits that this competition offers, not only to the apprentices themselves but also to the industry as a whole.” – Mathew Lawrence, General Manager of Operations at Master Electricians
When & Where?
Wellington – Wednesday 3 July
Manawatu – Tuesday 9 July
Taranaki – Thursday 11 July
Hawkes Bay – Tuesday 23 July
Bay of Plenty – Thursday 25 July
Waikato – Tuesday 30 July & Wednesday 31 July
Auckland – Tuesday 13 August, Wednesday 14 August & Thursday 15 August
Northland – Tuesday 20 August
Southland – Tuesday 3 September
Otago – Thursday 5 September & Friday 6 September
South Canterbury – Tuesday 10 September
Canterbury & Westland – Thursday 12 September & Friday 13 September
Tasman – Tuesday 17 September
Finals – Pullman Hotel, Auckland – Thursday 24 & 25 Friday October
How it works
Our one-day preliminary events are held in 13 locations throughout New Zealand. Apprentices are scored on their completion, accuracy, tidiness, technique and installation proficiency across four modules which take approximately 1 hour each to complete.
The top five points scorers from each category are then invited to compete in the finals, this year it will be held in November coinciding with the Master Electricians Excellence Awards.
Across two days apprentices work through 5 modules, which take approximately 2 hours each to complete.
The Sponsorship Opportunity
Apprentice Challenge Event Sponsor
- Brand featured on all associated event day collateral
- Pull up banner placement at each competition venue
- Brand featured in all communications and promotions to members and public including but not limited to:
- Sponsor logo featured on all certificates given to winners, finalists and participants – Over 300 were handed out in 2023
- Sponsor logo featured on logo wall – featured at all 16 locations and at the finals – wall used for photography of certificate presentations
- Sponsor logo featured on all Apprentice Challenge EDM communications – 1750 emails with a 60% open rate
- Sponsor logo featured on presentation slides and verbally mentioned during the Gala Awards Dinner – 300 attended the 2023 event
- Sponsor logo featured on Apprentice Challenge web page (which had 3.725 unique page views during 2023 the Challenge period)
- Sponsor logo featured on flyer and poster, distributed out to all Etco training locations, wholesalers and members by our Regional Managers, over 3,000 posters and 1,500 flyers were distributed
- Video promoting the organisation as a sponsor promoted across social media platforms
- Module naming rights – preference FIFS
- An item for the goodie bag provided to all entrants, of the equivalent value of $10 or more per bag
- The opportunity to put forward a prize for the finalists and winner – priority given to previous sponsors, first in first served
- All product required to assemble and maintain the module
- Invitations to attend all preliminary events
- One ticket to attend the awards dinner and Excellence Awards
Tradeshow – ‘CEO/branch meet and greet’
- Only available to Apprentice Challenge Sponsors
- Exhibition space in dedicated trade stand area as part of ‘CEO/branch meet and greet’ and Apprentice Challenge
- The opportunity to exhibit at each Challenge event
What is it
The Master Electricians Excellence Awards is a biennial competition, which aims to identify and recognise excellence within the electrical contracting industry.
In 2022 over 60 entries were submitted from across New Zealand, twice as many in previous years.
“The innovation in some of the entries was beyond belief including a couple of projects that have garnered international interest.” – John Knight, Excellence Award Judge
When & Where
Friday 25 October 2024, Pullman Hotel, Auckland
How it works
The 2024’s Master Electricians Excellence awards are now open for Master Electrician member businesses for entry submissions.
There are seven categories which members can enter into, applicants submit written applications which support criteria for each category. Successful applicants are listed as finalists with bronze, silver and gold winners awarded for each category at a gala awards evening.
A list of categories are below:
Each project category is awarded to a member based on the successful application of trade skills, compliance with contract specification and WHSMS, along with appropriate commercial and management skills. The budget amount relates to the electrical value of the project.
- Under $1 million
- $1-5 million
- Over $5 million
Lighting Design Award
Awarded for demonstrating the use of the latest in advanced lighting technology, with energy efficiency and lighting performance at the forefront.
Awarded to a member business that has shown significant corporate social responsibility.
Emerging Business Award
Awarded to a member who has been in business under four years and has shown growth in
turnover, staffing levels and customer base.
Master Electricians Excellence Award
The overall Master Electricians Excellence Award is given to a member to acknowledge their
contribution to the Master Electricians branch and the electrical industry as a whole.
- Feature video promoting the organisation as a sponsor, played across social media
- Media spend to boost video
- Logo as part of sponsor banner on Excellence website
- Logo appearance on Excellence promotional videos
- Award night sponsor acknowledge
- Logo featured in sponsor banner as part of awards evening on-screen presentation
- Logo featured on signage in pre-function area of the awards evening
- Logo featured in sponsors banner as part of event marketing material
Investment: $10,000 + GST
Category award sponsorship
To be eligible you need to already be an Excellence Awards sponsor, in return you will receive the following benefits in addition to your sponsorship of the awards:
- Category naming rights
- EDM promoting category entry including category sponsor video
- Category sponsor Social media video post
- Sponsor category video played prior to award
- Presentation of award
- Short speaking option prior to category award
- Logo featured on award certificate
Investment: $5,000 +GST
Health & Safety Initiative Award
This award is for a site or company demonstrating the best new idea or initiative to drive improvements in health and safety systems or behaviours, address or manage a specific hazard or risk, create a design solution to address a problem, or to improve productivity.
What is it
The Master Electricians Business Summit (working title) is an opportunity for members to attend a day of intensive content all around supporting their businesses to grow and become sustainable now and into the future.
When & Where
Dates TBA, venues, Auckland, Hamilton, Wellington, Christchurch, Dunedin
How it works
The series will be facilitated by a professional MC across the five events. The summit will deliver a keynote speakers series and local speakers to deliver meaningful information to support members.
The summit would conclude with a networking event either a late lunch or dinner.
Each summit would be represented by a Master Electricians branch with Master Electricians National office managing and supporting the branch to promote to their members.
Full series sponsor
- Logo included in a sponsor banner across digital and printed content
- Trade stand
- Video promoting the sponsorship/topics being discussed as part of workshop session
Exhibitor – open to both national and regional sponsors
- Trade stand – first come first serve placement
- Logo featured as part of exhibitor marketing across digital and printed content
"*" indicates required fields